Hi there! 👋 I’m Stefan, a PhD student working on autonomous driving at Mercedes-Benz (Daimler). I’m also part of the Autonomous Vision Group at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, supervised by Andreas Geiger.
My research is at the intersection of machine learning and 3D Vision, especially motion prediction using 3D LiDAR sensors.
- PillarFlowNet: A Real-time Deep Multitask Network for LiDAR-based 3D Object Detection and Scene Flow Estimation
- Fabian Duffhaus; Stefan Baur
- 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- Real-time 3D LiDAR Flow for Autonomous Vehicles
- Stefan A. Baur; Frank Moosmann; Sascha Wirges; Christoph B. Rist
- 2019 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV)
- Co-chair of the session “Range Sensing and Deep Learning” @ 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- RBRT: A lightweight Ray Tracer that I wrote to dive into raytracing and Rust.
- fast: supports Intel AVX & SSE SIMD instructions
- meshes can be loaded from .obj files
- Sudoku Solver:
- uses constraint propagation and backtracking
- compiled to WebAssembly with React Frontend
- try it out (runs completely in the browser)
- Snake: A terminal based snake game
- no window manager or GUI required
- cross platform: Latest Release (Windows & Linux).